Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow Report...

The new stats are out and we have had snow on the ground since December 13, 2008. Apparently at the airport it was recorded that we have had 100 cm of snow so far. For the first time since 1964, dump trucks are picking up the snow in the city of Vancouver and dumping truck loads into False Creek. The worry is flooding with the thaw. The new mayor of Vancouver stated this has been a big learning experience and they will be having meetings to discuss new strategies to deal with winters like this. Apparently there is a possibility we could have several years of this type of weather...not a pleasant thought for me...I will keep buying those lottery tickets and hope for a way to leave in winter...haha...and soon another cow will fly over the moon too as that is probably a comparable thing to winning the lottery! But if one doesn't have a ticket one cannot win so I will keep trying!

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Dump trucks are PICKING UP SNOW and dumping it in the river? I've never heard of such a thing. Today I was wishing I had a cart and horse so I could dump all the snow in my yard into the ravine at the bottom of my street. There is simply too much of it! I took my pictures today. I can't resist the urge. I'm so happy to see that you are blogging again.